Life after college is a road paved with corndogs

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Starting it off sweet before ranting about Apple Computer:
A funny link that owen found yesterday, highlighting the top ten unintentionally worst company URLs. It's worth 3 minutes of your time and you'll get a chuckle.

Here comes the rant:

So I've been without my computer for more than half a month now...because Apple computer tried to screw me over! YES! And I love Apple Computer! It's true...here's the story:

My laptop, around 3 weeks ago, started to freeze randomly (actually, while I was watching Munich on DVD.) The first time it did that, a prompt came up, and proclaimed, "SYSTEM FAILURE!" and a bunch of code I didn't understand. So I cold restarted, thinking, eh, well, things happen...but then it started freezing on me more often...I quickly started burning everything worth backing up on DVD...but...eventually it would freeze faster than a DVD would burn and ruin the disc.

I brought it into the apple store, as I was fortunately still under Apple Care. They diagnosed that it was the logic board, and had to send it back to Apple HQ to fix it, as the parts were older than what they had at the store. I got it sent back to me last Monday. I opened it up...and I noticed that it was dented in on the side...but I figured, well, if it worked, I guess I could deal with it...

HOWEVER, the computer wouldn't even load up to my hard drive! Something was still wrong!!

I took it back to the apple store the next day, and they agreed to fix it a second time. AND I noticed that they had definitely dropped it on the upper left side...I did NOT turn it into the store like that. What sucks is that the "Genius Bar" dude probably suspected I did drop it. (sigh) my word against theirs...but I really didn't do it!!

They took my computer in, at any case, and I'm thinking everything is cool and they've given me the benefit of the doubt. So I check back online today, to see the status of my repair...and it says, "ON HOLD - Need information". WHAT? So I call Apple Computer. The customer service guy was really nice and Canadian ("what are you talking ABoot"), and I stayed on the phone with him for an HOUR, a FULL HOUR, mostly on hold listening to easy listening hold music as he ironed out the details. So I guess they were going to make me pay for the case damage! (As apple care does not cover anything but what's INSIDE the computer.) Canadian Apple dude eventually confirmed that I wouldn't have to pay for the damage that you know, APPLE COMPUTER did to my computer. What a headache.

So now I guess I gotta wait again...hopefully my computer won't come back in pieces, the way this is turning out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home