Life after college is a road paved with corndogs

Thursday, July 06, 2006

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I was NOT expecting this. They just opened a BEARD PAPA in Little Japan (Sawtelle and Olympic), a place I usually end up visiting at least once a week, for the proximity and the good food. But I didn't expect that when they closed "Mousse Fantasy", next to Ninjya Japanese Market, that they would reopen as a new Beard Papa/Mousse Fantasy shop...

For people that aren't familiar with Beard Papa, it's huge. It started in Japan, where they're super popular. So I hear from Wonder, when they opened up a shop in Hong Kong, in the popular department store/food store Sogo, the line was around the block. Remember when Krispy Creme donuts were worth waiting in line for an hour for, and they were new and exciting, and when one finally opened up like an hour away from you, you'd be willing to go? Okay, now apply that to cream puffs the size of baseballs. That's Beard Papa.

The closest one to me before this was in Hollywood. I was really tempted to go, JUST to experience the cream puffs. But since gas is hitting around $3.29 a gallon at the moment, my wallet screamed "no."

BUT NOW I CAN HAVE BEARD PAPA WHENEVER!

There will be pictures of the real deal posted up as soon as I get my computer back..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home