Life after college is a road paved with corndogs

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sadly, my 17 inch powerbook is currently in the hands of the capable Apple computer technical team...it keeps freezing and needing a cold restart (very bad, in computery terms.) Hopefully I will be getting it back soon...I'm starting to get quite inspired by a few things I've seen recently on the web...

For instance, this animation, and the pencil to the animation...done by Scotty Arsenault.

Very awesome!! How inspiring to learn Flash...maybe I can get over my long-time love-hate relationship with Flash and do something cool...after I get my laptop back?

And Fourth of July weekend/vacation was a nice break from work.

Amber, Bryan and I went to Anime Expo this past Saturday. The expo was HORRIFIC, the worst organization I've ever experienced at any convention. If I counted how many times I was cursing the head of organization at AnimeEx...I know a lot of other people were too. (Bryan had to wait 4 hours to get a PASS much less actually SEE anything at the convention) I know that the fans really get into cosplay at Anime conventions...but...some people went too far. I know ManFaye was walking around...but did anyone else who went see the girl who dressed up as "Sexy No Jitsu" from Naruto? WRONG WRONG WRONG and WRONG...not even supermodels have bodies that can pull this off...

However, we had mostly only one goal...to see CLAMP. They were great! It was their first US appearance, and they had great things to say about their process and artwork.

Sunday was beach biking in Santa Monica with Tim, his brother Derek and Bryan. I rode a bike that kind of looks like this:













Freakin' sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home